Institution: Suicidal Behaviour Research Laboratory, University of Glasgow, Scotland.
Supervisory team: Professor Rory O’Connor, Dr Cindy M. Gray.
Position: PhD Student
Current research: Attachment, parenting and suicide: A developmental approach on the vulnerability for suicidal thoughts and behaviours
Research interests: Vulnerability for suicidal thoughts and behaviours; attachment crisis and coping mechanisms; resilience; brief intervention for suicidal crisis; masculinity and suicide; theoretical models of suicidal behaviour; data visualisation; innovative methodological and analytical techniques to understand mental health and suicidal behaviour; public policies for suicide prevention; intervention for suicidal behaviour applied to public health systems; history, philosophy, and anthropology of suicidal behaviour.
- Zortea, T. C., Gray, C. M., O’Connor, R. (2017). Understanding the connection between parenting and suicidal ideation among adults: The mediating role of attachment. 2nd Suicide & Self-harm Early Career Researchers Forum. SBRL: University of Glasgow, Scotland.
- Zortea, T. C., Gray, C. M., O’Connor, R. (2017). Uncovering the Relationship between Attachment Styles and Suicidality across Different Studies through Correspondence. II Roman Forum on Suicide. European Psychiatry Association – Suicidology Section: Rome.
- Zortea, T. C., Gray, C. M., O’Connor, R. (2016). On the Relationship Between Attachment and Suicidal Behaviour: A Systematic Review. 16th European Symposium on Suicide and Suicidal Behaviour. International Association for Suicide Prevention: Oviedo, Spain.
Can help with: Scientific events leadership and organisation skills; methodological aspects of conducting a systematic review; correspondence analysis; graphic and visual communication for written and oral presentations; research proposals; SPSS; WordPress; Mendeley.
What’s essential to your well-being? Jazz, photography, travelling, graphic design, dancing, red wine, cooking, typewriters, game of thrones, letters, gym, postcards, arts, chatting with friends, and quite few other things.
Find Tiago elsewhere:
- Research Gate
- Blog on Behaviour Analysis and Suicidology [in Portuguese]
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org